What is AMD and the importance of Macular Health
As we grow older our eye health comes under increasing pressure and in particular the macula.
Macular health is an increasing concern as AMD is the No.1 cause of sight loss in Ireland over 50’s.
AMD is a progressive eye disease that affects the macula at the back of the eye and responsible for central vision and allows you to see detail. It doesn’t cause total blindness, but it makes everyday tasks such as reading, watching TV, driving, or using computers more difficult.
The macula pigment comprises of three carotenoids: Lutein, Meso-Zeaxanthin and Zeaxanthin. The body does not produce Lutein and Zeaxanthin. The macular pigment can therefore become severely depleted in those with a poor diet lacking in the right foods. Hence, why it could be advantageous to use supplementations such as MACU-SAVE®.
- MACU-SAVE® is a One-A-Day easy to swallow food supplement which provides advanced nutrition for the eyes.
- MACU-SAVE® offers the highest quality grade ingredients in its products for its customers.
- It is suitable for diabetics, gluten free, yeast free, lactose free and contains no artificial preservatives or sweeteners.
- All of the three macular carotenoids in MACU-SAVE® are of the highest quality grade and are harvested from the marigold plant Tagetes Erecta.
- MACU-SAVE® contains FloraGLO® Lutein and OPTISHARP® Natural Zeaxanthin. FloraGLO® Lutein is the most clinically researched lutein brand worldwide with over 90 human clinical trials published.
- Clinically proven to show bioavailability, FloraGLO® Lutein is similar to that obtained from foods that naturally contain these nutrients.
MACU-SAVE® 30 Caps RRP €19.00
MACU-SAVE® 90 Caps RRP €46.60
For further information contact Pharmed on:
t: (044) 939 6188 e: firstname.lastname@example.org